It’s here. It’s here. I saw the motorcycle in person today and couldn’t hold back the emotions that were overflowing. Here are some things that stood out in my first experience of the Kawasaki Versys 650!
The first look:
- The matte finish seizes your eyes and wants you to keep touching the motorcycle. In a nice way, of course.
- It’s tall, baby. Not intimidatingly tall but you can’t rest both your foot completely on the ground. Time to get a riding boot with a good heel.
- The lovely green mono-shocks add a touch of elegance to a very beautifully designed motorcycle. A fully green Versys would…
- If you are going to find a fault with the fit & finish of this motorcycle, good luck bro!
- When you sit on it, you know it’s going to be a really comfortable ride and saddlesore is the last word that’ll come to your mind.
- A pillion may find it a little difficult to get on the motorcycle, but rest assured, the view he/she will get would be nothing less than Google Maps street view with utmost comfort.
- It feels slightly big at first. Then it starts to feels like it could be just the right size. Finally, it feels sleek and cut for the task. Point is, it grows on you.
- Start the motorcycle, and it doesn’t idle like the ones we are used too. The kind of idling that is usually in higher capacity motorcycles – always idling a bit more that you’d like.
- But turn the throttle a little and you are in for a really sweet surprise. The way this engine revs is music to the ears and almost puts shame to every other motorcycle that calls itself ‘refined’.
Can’t wait to begin this journey together. Hopefully, many a miles before I sleep…